Friday 29 March 2013

The Vitality Show! Did you miss it?

Howdy to you all good people.

Sunday 24th March I toddled along down to Earl's Court to what I can only describe as the health frenzy aka the Vitality show. The excitement in the place was palpable as we entered and my friend and I prepared ourselves for more freebies than we could ever imagine.

I think at this point I will back track slightly and say that although, yes, freebies are always tempting they are not what drew me to the show. I had seen it advertised in basically every paper I had read since the beginning of January (slight hyperbole but fit for purpose), and I was curious. What was it? Who goes there? and so and and so forth. So to cut a long story short I hit the website and decided that I wanted to go and with tickets discounted to £10 how could I say no. It wasn't until my colleague mentioned the freebies that I got very excited.
 
So onward.

The building was busting at the seams with a health, fitness and nutrition section which accounted for most of the floor space there was also a large health and beauty section (obviously my favourite) and a holistic health area.

The health fitness and nutrition section yielded a variety of healthy snacking options and a lot of competing granola bars. There were countless types of exercise stalls including Pilate's and yoga complete with free demonstrations. A meditation area seemed to complete the area encouraging the whole healthy self, spirit, mind and body. The whole area was fascinating and what I got out of it was that being healthy is not boring and you do have options. It lit a little fire in me and got me thinking about my health.

Health and Beauty!!!!
 

Bomb Cosmetics and their super duper
bath bombs.

Sally Hanson nail clinic.
Hazaa!!! When we made it around to the health and beauty section I truly felt at home.  From hair demonstrations to a nail clinic I knew I was bound to come across something I loved. For anyone who has been to a large scale show or event you know how it is on the last day. Hoards of people scouting for the last freebie, elbows thrusting and toes being crushed. Yet, it was worth it. Bags full of testers and samples for £1, £2 and £3 and countless wellbeing talks. I felt truly in my element. I spotted the the Sally Hanson nail bar in the hopes of getting booked in for a manicure and was faced with the 'Fully Booked' sign although disappointed my spirit was not crushed and in the space of ten minutes I had accumulated eight bags of varying size and weight. Obviously the time had come for a condensing session. After eight bags became 2.5 and a handbag, I wandered along in to the holistic section full of personal coaches, psychics and (I was truly shocked) a Jesus corner. It was really great to see a group of Christians representing and fully in the mix.

There were a few things that stood out at the show for me. One of them was a product at the Amy Child's stand (Yes The Only Way is Essex star). She had a  range of products available for sale, including a hot pink hooded dryer. Yes I said it. A hooded dryer *swoons*.

My hooded dryer!
Just a tangent for those naturals who don't use heat on their hair, air drying can be irritating sometimes. You go to sleep with a semi- wet head of hair and dreams of how wonderful your hair will be in the morning. Sunrise rolls around and... your hair is still damp rendering your extravagant doo null and void. This is my experience and it is beyond frustrating. With that in mind I had been thinking of investing in a hooded dryer both for drying and steaming. When I saw this baby I knew I had to have her. It folds up neatly in to a little hot pink bag with drawstrings on the top. When fully extended you put your hair dryer into the spring nozzle section and away you go. I will give the dryer a full review very soon.

My magic brush!
The second item of note was a magical brush I got my hands on. Yes, it looks like a weapon of torture but it posses the ability to detangle hair without brushing conventionally. 'What are you talking about Rhianne?' I hear you cry, well that's exactly what I said to the woman doing the demonstration. She said ' You just roll the brush along the hair and Bob's your uncle.' With eyebrow raised (yes singular) and hand on hip I proclaimed  'Yes lady, that is all well and good with your straight flowing locks, bus as you can see I have very curly hair.' She insisted it would work and so I insisted that I try it. (Please note my hair
had just come out of perm rods and was just headed in to the frizzy stage). I was proved very wrong. The brush worked! For real real. So they were £10 each or four brushes for £20 and I bought the four so I could give three away!!!!!!  I will do a review of the brush and then I will have my first blog give away. Exiting right? Do not miss out! Watch this space.

So all in all the Vitality Show in my opinion was a success. I learned so much about my diet and health I discovered some beauty products and tips I will not live with out and I will certainly be buying a ticket for next years show.

I would encourage you if you can, next year, go have a look, and enjoy! It's worth it.

Hope you enjoyed this lengthy post and remember to always be the best you!

Rhianne xx

No comments:

Post a Comment