Wednesday 20 March 2013

Best twist out ever! Coming to a head near you.

Best twist out of my life? But how Rhianne I hear you cry....

Well it was all thanks to the old faithful... coconut oil. Yes you heard it right. The one people cook with the one that is cheaper than most conditioners at £2.50 a tub.
I guess all that's left is the how and that is always the most exciting part *winks a lot*.

Threw in a length check for good measure!
So I started out with the trusty wash using my conditioner mix (post of products will follow shortly). I was going to just do my normal glycerin and water spray and Shea mix and let my hair air dry but I thought hey, haven't done a DC (deep condition) in a while, so, it had to happen. Next option was what to deep condition with? I'd heard rave reviews about people DCing with coconut oil and so I decided to give it a whirl. Sectioned my hair, applied coconut oil liberally, flat twisted the sections, slapped a plastic cap on, and then came the bit I really enjoyed, a movie and a nap. I left it in for about three hours. When I woke up and washed the oil out, with lukewarm water; my hair was unbelievably soft. Akin to the skin on a baby's bum soft and it was compliant *insert shocked face*.  I know my hair to be difficult and refuse to do what I want. However it did exactly what I told it so I decided to go all out.
My Shea mix and Cantu leave in were worked in to each of the sections and I proceeded to flat twist (medium twists) using Ecostyler gel (olive oil) for hold and my trusty Denman brush  modified for Afro hair) for smoothing those curls.

Result? As the title denotes, the best twist out of my entire life. This is not hyperbole I promise. It was springy, well shaped, and the definition was tip top. Now I am not one for rocking a twist out just as it is, no pins no bows, but this one was worth it and all thanks to my £2.50 tub of coconut oil!

People have been asking quite frequently (often stopping me in the street) what I use in my hair, what I do to it at night, how I make it curly ect. So watch out for the next posts which will be....(insert drum roll)....... products! From shampoo, sealant and everything in between!

If you have any questions post in the comments and I will surely get back to you. :)

Thanks for reading and remember to be the best you.

Rhianne xxx

3 comments:

  1. Excellent Rhi...I use Olive oil sometimes as well for a DC, which works well on my hair. Coconut is good too. Like the look..need to try the eco gel tho, never used it before. Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!i never really do twist outs, i usually still to braid outs but i might give it a whirl. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My twist-outs are usually terrible but will try using coconut oil before I twist and we'll see! Thanks for the post Rhi =]

    ReplyDelete