Sunday 3 March 2013


Hi guys,

Last week Sunday I did two incredible things.




The first was.... LONDON FASHION WEEKEND! Yes I was there. It happened. La di dah.

I went with my cousin, in the freezing cold London temperatures, to the lovely Somersetset house.

(Can I just note at this point the anticipation that had been eating me for the whole week prior to the event.) What was it going to be like? Who was going to be there? I looked on the websites and at all of the promotion material but nothing can ever prepare for the real deal.

Here I will just quickly mention the type of ticket we got. We opted for 'Shop and the lot' which basically meant you would be admitted to the shopping area, the catwalk and a tote bag filled with goodies.

So back to point.

We arrived at about 3pm tickets in hand and expectations extraordinarily high. We hit the booth to receive the goodie bag and Elle magazine we had paid for before entering. (The cloth tote bag designed by Radley is fun and good for holding my broccoli when I go shopping but nothing to scream about.)

We ambled around Somerset house being both disappointed and astounded by some of the designers. The area was so packed I was unable to get any really good pictures but there is a midi length A- line skirt leather look and multi coloured block jumper that I in all my years will never forget.

Diet Coke who were celebrating their 30th birthday were allowing some very excited ladies the opportunity to take a picture with the supremely chiselled and aptly named Diet Coke hunk (oioi, wolf whistle ect ect), and Canon were majorly over subscribed for their style spotting shoot. The shop element of the weekend was not what I expected and overwhelmed me a little BUT I am going back for A/W13 LFW with my walking shoes on and my hardcore shopper face on.

The Catwalk/ Trends for Spring/ Summer '13

I opted for the trend catwalk to try and get a clear and focused idea of what is coming this year especially because of the course I am going on( ... yes exciting I know. More info will follow ;-) )

The entire show was put together by the amazing Hilary Alexander!!!! who came and greeted us at the end of the show.

Fresh, exciting and flirty was the main feeling on the catwalk. The trends for Spring/ Summer were divided into four categories.

The first was 'Graphic Art'.

This look was incorporated structured dresses and tailoring in Monochrome with a pop of colour, mainly neon and pastels.

The most important thing with this look is to keep it simple and bring the excitement with that clutch bag, shoes or jewllery.

I am just a sucker for tailoring and colour pops so this look was one of my favourites and will certainly be something featuring in my wardrobe this season.

The second trend was 'Urban Lifestyle'.

The theme of sports luxe is clearly still a current running through this trend.
Urban Lifestyle

(I would just like to point out they had a Boris bicycle on the runway which was a tad awesome).

Bomber jackets will still be a key piece this Spring/ Summer. The catwalk featured dungarees/ rompers and denim as key pieces.

The third trend on the catwalk was 'Doll's house'.
Dolls House

This look was feminine and airy with a slight edge which was seen in the fabric choices. The pink PVC dress by Holly Fulton is a perfect example. Its classic 50s shape and floral appliqué detail created an aura of femininity whilst the PVC gave it feistiness. I absolutely loved it.

What really drew my attention were the extravagant head pieces, jewels, pearls, and floral details made them unforgettable. Headbands and headpieces will be big this season.

Eastern Promise
The last and by no means least trend to come down the catwalk was 'Eastern Promise'.

This look was dominated by beautiful fabric and textures. A matching silk top and trouser combo with elaborate embroidery by Topshop was one of the unforgettable looks. The host even joked that if you have a pair of silk pyjamas at home, all one would need to do this Summer is team them with a pair of heels and a Lou umbrella (traditional Oriental style umbrella) and you will be right on the money.

The colours featured on the runway were vivid and bold pinks, orange, blues and greens. The jewellery was large and ethnic a very prominent part of the trend.

I need to just rave about one piece from the collection. A stunning dress long dress by Charlotte Taylor which truly stole the show.
Just loved her outfit.


The final part of London Fashion Weekend I attended was Vodaphone Lounge talks. I caught the end of the Elizabeth Arden Makeup talk and was in attendance for the 'How to run a fashion business' segment. The talks were both informative and good but I hope that the Autumn/ Winter talks will be even better.

So that was my little in put on London fashion weekend. I will definitely be going to the next one and I encourage you, if you haven't been before go and try it. You might even like it!

Ciao for now and always be the best you

Rhianne xxx

P.S see the second part of my amazing Sunday in the next post (Hint: features an amazing intentionally acclaimed singer!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment