Sunday 20 January 2013

Hi guys, It's me again.

So the excitement has overwhelmed me and even though my nails aren't even dry, I want to share my new discovery.
Velvet Manicure

Just before Christmas I was having a wander around Boots and Superdrug, as you do, and two new products by MUA (available at most Superdrug stores) caught my eye.

Nail Caviar
For those who are fans of nail art, you will be familiar with Ciate, and their amazing textured manicures which come in three forms, nail caviar, velvet manicure and sequin manicure. For those looking to do something different with their nails, their products are perfect only downside is the price point. At £18, per set, if you wanted to do a multicoloured look it could cos you a pretty penny.

Hence why I was so excited to find these beauties!

They are based on the same idea as as the nail caviar bead but at a fraction of the price. I picked these beads up for £3 a bottle and the 'FUR-EFFECT' nail pots for £3.


So the idea is that you pour the bead or flocking (the velvety stuff) onto wet nail varnish and dry. Sounds simple right? It is but still requires a little practise, patience and willingness to sweep up small beads from your floor.


I was really happy with the turn out. The textured was an appreciated break from the norm and I will definitely be playing about with the colours.  


The main downside to this manicure is that it is very short lived. It lasted about 36 hours and started to look a little dirty and the beads started falling off :(, but for a night out this manicure is perfect.

Hope you enjoyed the look and remember to be the best you.

Rhianne xx




No comments:

Post a Comment